- 3 ea, Medium Red Beets
- 3 ea, Medium Golden Beets
- ½ Tbsp, Sabatino Tartufi Black Truffle Pate
- 1 Cup, Mascarpone
- ¼ Cup, Olive Oil
- ½ Shallot, Small diced
- ½ Lemon, juice and zest
- 1 Tbsp, Honey
- Optional, Fresh Black Truffle
- Boil or roast beets until fork tender. Be sure to cook and store red and golden beets separately to avoid blending colors. Once cooked and beets are warm, peel skin by using the back of a butter knife or rub off using a paper towel. To avoid staining fingers, wear gloves.
- Cut beets into your desired shape. Wedges, coins, or diced are all great options. Set in the refrigerator until chilled. This can be done a day ahead of time, be sure to store in an airtight container.
- Truffalize the mascarpone by mixing in ½ Tbsp of Sabatino Black Truffle Pate. If you don’t have our pate, our truffle zest is an excellent substitute. Once mixed, add a generous layer to the bottom of your salad bowls.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, shallot, lemon juice, lemon zest, and honey. Coat dressing over both the red and golden beets. Distribute beets to salad bowls, placing them on top of the mascarpone. For garnish, shave or grate fresh black truffle over beets.
- Consume with a fork and knife or scoop this delicious salad onto a crisped piece of baguette.