1.5lb dried rigatoni (we like Deccico)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small Vidalia onion
1 quart heavy cream
1 ounce Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Oil
10 ounces shredded mozzarella, divided
4 ounces grated Parmesan
4 ounces Gorgonzola
4 ounces ricotta
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest, to garnish
- Preheat oven 400˚F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and boil the pasta for about 7 minutes, or until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pot over medium-low heat, sweat the onions with the butter until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and truffle oil, and stir in 5 ounces of mozzarella and all of the other cheeses, making sure to reserve 5 ounces of mozzarella for later. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything.
- Once the ingredients have created a sauce, toss to coat in the pasta.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle evenly the remaining mozzarella cheese on top, and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle some Truffle Zest on top, to taste.