Get $80 off Your next Blue Apron order!*
*$20 off each of your first 4 deliveries. Valid for first time meal-plan subscriptions only. Limit one per household. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Rhis sophisticated dish features our new truffle zest seasoning, which we’re mashing into smooth butter along with sliced chives to make a rich, aromatic topping that deliciously melts onto juicy steaks.
Cook Time: 30-40 mins
2 10-oz New York Strip Steaks
5 oz Baby Spinach
3/4 lb Fingerling Potatoes
2 cloves Garlic
1 bunch Chives
1 bunch Parsley
2 Tbsps Butter
1/4 tsp Truffle Zest Seasoning
1 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 tsps Calabrian Chile Paste
1/3 cup Crispy Onions
2 Tbsps Sherry Vinegar
1 Tbsp Capers
• Large Pot
• 2 Small Bowls
• Large Nonstick Pan
• Medium Heatproof Bowl
Instructions: Prepare the Ingredients
1 • Remove the butter from the refrigerator to soften.
2 • Place an oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 450°F.
3 • Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 • Halve the potatoes lengthwise. Roughly chop the parsley leaves and stems. Thinly slice the chives. Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic.
Instructions: Roast & finish the potatoes
1 • Place the halved potatoes on a sheet pan; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Toss to coat and arrange in an even layer, cut side down.
2 • Roast 20 to 22 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
3 • Transfer to a large bowl. Add the chopped parsley, capers, and half the cheese; toss to coat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
Instructions: Make the truffle butter
1 • Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the softened butter, truffle zest, and half the sliced chives. Using a fork, mash to thoroughly combine.
Instructions: Cook the steaks
1. Pat the steaks dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. In a medium pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
3. Add the seasoned steaks. Cook 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until browned and cooked to your desired degree of doneness.*
4. Leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan, transfer to a cutting board; let rest at least 5 minutes.
Instructions: Cook the spinach
1. While the steaks rest, heat the pan of reserved fond on medium-high until hot (if the pan seems dry, add a drizzle of olive oil).
2. Add the sliced shallot and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
3. Add the spinach and as much of the chile paste as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes, or until combined and the spinach is wilted.
4. Carefully add half the vinegar (you will have extra). Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until combined.
5. Turn off the heat. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
Instructions: Slice the steaks & Serve Your Dish
1. Find the lines of muscle (or grain) on the rested steaks; slice crosswise against the grain.
2. Serve the sliced steaks with the cooked spinach and finished potatoes. Top the steaks with the truffle butter. Top the spinach with the crispy onions and remaining cheese. Garnish with the remaining sliced chives. Enjoy!
Original recipe link: NY Strip Steaks & Truffle Butter with Fingerling Potatoes & Sautéed Spinach