CHICKEN BREAST WITH BLACK WINTER TRUFFLES SERVED WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM SAUCE
SERVES: 8 to 10
Four 6 oz bone-in fresh organic chicken breasts, skin on
1 medium Fresh Sabatino Winter Black Truffle, sliced thin
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 stick un-salted butter, divided 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 cups mixed mushrooms sliced (cremini, shiitake, cepes)
¼ cup minced shallots
1 tablespoon Sabatino Truffle Zest
¾ cup white wine
¾ cup chicken broth
¼ cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons torn fresh thyme leaves
1/2 lemon, zested
Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F degrees.
2. Carefully separate skin from chicken breast and slide in the thin black truffle slices. Carefully smooth skin back over chicken breast.
3. Season the breasts with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a large sauté pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
4. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet skin side down and cook for 4-6 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and continue with the other prepared chicken breast. Draining any fat from pan.
5. Place the chicken onto a foil lined cookie sheet and roast in the pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reaches 170°F degrees.
6. Meanwhile, add 1 more tablespoon of the butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, shallots and Truffle Zest to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened, stirring often.
7. Pour in the wine and chicken broth into the skillet, bring to a boil, and reduce to half. Add cream, thyme leaves and the last tablespoon of butter.
8. Stir to combine and sprinkle in the lemon zest. Serve the mushroom sauce over the chicken breasts. Garnish with chopped parsley, more fresh thyme leaves and additional lemon zest if desired.