Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Truffle Honey Vinaigrette
4-5 medium-large carrots
3-4 red, rainbow, or chiogga beets
2-3 sweet potatoes
3 tbsp fresh thyme sprigs
¼ cup Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Honey
½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tbsp
¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare a sheet pan or roasting tray with 2 tbsp olive oil.
2. Wash and scrub all root vegetables thoroughly to remove dirt and sediment.
3. Place beets in a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Place on a separate sheet tray and roast in oven for 35-45 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the beet.
4. Peel and halve carrots and sweet potatoes. Place on sheet pan, season lightly with salt, pepper, and thyme sprigs. Then toss lightly in olive oil before turning cut side down and roast for 20-25 minutes.
5. While vegetables are roasting, prepare the dressing by whisking together the juice of 1 lemon, truffle honey, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and mustard.
6. When vegetables are done roasting, allow to cool slightly, then peel beets and quarter. Also, cut carrots and sweet potatoes into large, bite-size pieces, roughly 1” cubes.
7. In a large serving bowl, toss vegetables together with vinaigrette. Garnish with any remaining thyme sprigs and serve.