Truffle Crab Cakes
Yield: 6 crab cakes
Serves: 3 as an appetizer
8 oz. crab lump meat, picked over for shells
2 tablespoons minced chopped red onions
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon lime juice1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest®
1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons truffle oil for frying
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
1 tablespoon vinaigrette dressing
Garnish:Basil leaves, lime slices
1. In a bowl combine crab meat, onions, bread crumbs, egg, lime juice, parsley, Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest and pepper.
2. Mix until just combined and form into 6 thick patties.
3. Heat oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
4. Fry patties about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
5. Combine tomatoes with vinaigrette.
6. Plate crab cakes with tomatoes and garnish with basil leaves and lime slices.