Makes 25 portions (Amuse Bouche)
3 1/2 ounces blue cheese
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 tablespoon Sabatino Truffle Zest
2/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
2 ounces pecans, shelled and chopped, toasted
3 1/2 ounces soft spreadable goat cheese, whipped
Sabatino Truffle Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh herbs for garnish, optional
- Blend blue cheese, flour, Truffle Zest, butter and sage in a food processor until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn out onto a work surface and work pecans into dough. Divide dough in half and roll into logs, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. The rolls must be very firm before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove plastic wrap and cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, top each shortbread with a small amount of goat cheese and top with a sprinkle of Truffle Sea Salt. Garnish with fresh herbs, optional.
Sabatino Tartufi Culinary Team