Truffle Zest & Cheese® French Fries
4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
1 quart cold water plus 2 cups ice cubes
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 1/2 tablespoons Truffle Zest® + Cheese seasoning
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp parsley, minced (optional)
1. Cut the potatoes into ¼” - ½” thick fries, depending on your preference, and place in a large bowl of cold ice water.
2. Next, prepare oil for frying by preheating oil in a deep fryer, deep skillet or dutch oven to 325 degrees F.
3. While oil preheats, dry potatoes in a large kitchen towel to reduce any excess moisture. (This will help minimize the amount of oil splatter when making the fries.)
4. Next, carefully add fries to hot oil in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan. Par-cook / blanch the fries for 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fries.
5. Once blanched, remove fries to a paper towel-lined bowl and repeat Step 4 for the rest of the fries.
6. To finish the fries, increase the heat of the oil to 375 degrees F and fry once again, in batches, for about 2 minutes or until the fries are golden brown. Remove the fries with a slotted spoon or spider to a paper towel-lined bowl.
7. When fries are done cooking, toss the fries with Truffle Zest® & Cheese seasoning, turning evenly to coat. Taste, and adjust seasoning with more Truffle Zest + Cheese, or kosher salt and pepper.
8. To serve, place fries in a serving bowl and garnish with minced parsley.