National Fettuccine Alfredo Day is on February 7th 2021. In honor of this delicious day, we wanted to share a few tips on adding truffles to your fettuccine alfredo.
Fettuccine Alfredo is an Italian pasta dish that was invented in Rome by Alfredo di Lelio, formerly called "fettuccine al triplo burro." Popularity spread across the world and his fame earned him knight-ship in the Ordine della Corona d'Italia.
The creamy base of fettuccine Alfredo is a beautiful start to creating a delicious truffle pasta. The truffle addition can be as easy as shaving fresh truffles on top, or mixing in a little truffle product at the end.
HOW YOU CAN TRUFFLE-IZE YOUR FETTUCCINE ALFREDO:
- Mix in a small pour of white truffle oil into the sauce
- Shake on truffle zest before serving
- Stir in a couple tablespoons of white truffle cream
- Fold in pieces of summer carpaccio (sliced summer truffles in oil)
- Shave fresh truffles on top