For the Latkes:
1 ½ lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
½ yellow onion, finely chopped
¼ cup chives, 1 tablespoon reserved for garnish
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons flour (or you can try our truffle flour!)
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
vegetable oil for frying
For the Dips:
Our retail honey, served as is
Applesauce with Truffle Maple Syrup
½ cup applesauce
1 teaspoon Sabatino Truffle Maple Syrup
Sour Cream with White Truffle Oil
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon Sabatino White Truffle Oil
- Place the grated potatoes into a large bowl. Using paper towels, press into the potatoes and lightly squeeze them to remove excess moisture.
- Mix together the potato, chives, shallot, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside.
- Pour ¼ inch of oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, working over your bowl, use your hands to pick up about 2 tablespoons of the latkes mix, and squeeze firmly to remove some liquid. Shape into patties about ¼ inch thick. Carefully place latkes into the oil, and fry for about 3 minutes per side, until completely golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the fried latkes from the oil, and place on the paper towel-lined baking sheet. Place foil on top to keep warm while you cook the rest. Add more oil as needed, and continuing cooking the remaining mix.
- For the dips, gently stir in the truffle product into each dip. The Truffle honey is available for purchase.
- Sprinkle with chives and eat immediately. Serve with dips or keep warm in the oven.