Get $80 off Your next Blue Apron order!*
*$20 off each of your first 4 deliveries. Valid for first time meal-plan subscriptions only. Limit one per household. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Rich flavors abound in this decadent dish thanks to our mushroom and truffle pasta topped with delicate seared scallops, followed by homemade chocolate truffles covered with pistachios and almonds for a pleasantly sweet finish. It’s perfect for a fancy night in with the ones you love!
Produced in a facility that processes milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soybean.
Cook Time: 65 min
20 oz Sea Scallops
1 1/4 cups Fregola Sarda Pasta
5 oz Baby Spinach
1/2 lb Mushrooms
1 bunch Chives
2 cloves Garlic
4 Tbsps Butter
1/3 cup Crispy Onions
4 Tbsps Crème Fraîche
1 Tbsp Verjus Blanc or Rouge
2 Tbsps Vegetable Demi-Glace
1/2 tsp Truffle Zest Seasoning
4 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Cream
2 Tbsps Sliced Roasted Almonds
2 Tbsps Roasted Pistachios
• Large Pot
• 2 Small Bowls
• Large Nonstick Pan
• Medium Heatproof Bowl
Instructions: Make the chocolate truffles
1. Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
2. In a small pot, heat the cream on medium-high until simmering. Once simmering, cook 1 minute,
3. Transfer to the bowl of chocolate; add a pinch of salt. Let sit, without stirring, 1 minute, or
until the chocolate begins to melt. Slowly whisk until thoroughly combined. Cover and freeze about 1 hour, or until set.
4. Working quickly, scoop about 2 teaspoons of the chilled chocolate mixture into your hands; roll into a ball. Transfer to the bowl of chopped pistachios or chopped almonds and toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a plate.
5. Repeat with the remaining chocolate, pistachios, and almonds to yield 8 truffles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Instructions: Prepare the ingredients
1 • While the chocolate sets, fill a medium pot 3/4 of the way up with salted water; cover and heat to boiling on high.
2. Wash and dry the fresh produce.
3. Cut the mushrooms into bite- sized pieces. Peel and small dice the shallot. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic. Thinly slice the chives.
Instructions: Cook The Pasta
1. Place the pasta in a strainer and thoroughly rinse under water to remove any excess starch.
2. Transfer to the pot of boiling water. Cook, uncovered, 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender. Turn off the heat.
3. Reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, drain thoroughly and return to the pot.
Instructions: Cook The Vegetables
1. Meanwhile, in a large pan nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
2. Add the mushroom pieces in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 4 to 5 minutes, or until
3. Add the diced shallot and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently,
1 to 2 minutes, or until softened.
4. Add the spinach; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently 1 to 2 minutes, or until wilted.
5. Transfer to a bowl. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. And wipe out the pan.
Instructions: Cook The Scallops
1. Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Using your hands, remove and discard the tough side muscle from each scallop. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot.
3. Add the seasoned scallops in an even layer. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Turn off the heat.
4. Transfer to a plate.
Instructions: Finish and Serve Your Dish
1. To the pot of cooked pasta, add the butter, cooked vegetables, verjus, demi-glace, truffle zest,
crème fraîche, and reserved pasta water. Cook on medium high, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and the butter is melted.
2. Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired.
3. Serve the finished pasta topped with the cooked scallops. Garnish with the crispy onions and sliced chives. Serve the chocolate truffles for dessert. Enjoy!
Original recipe link: Seared Scallops & Mushroom Pasta
CUSTOMER RECIPE REVIEWS
This is the BEST meal we've enjoyed thus far!! The flavor was fabulous and the scallops so tender! We would love to see Blue Apron offer an opportunity to purchase sauces and spices such as the "truffle zest" so we could make this meal, again! You provide the recipe so why not consider offering a "discount shop" where left-over spices and such could be purchased to recreate favorite meals such as this one? We would definitely take advantage of such an offer!
Nicole Eggers Kitchen
This meal is my favorite Blue Apron meal ever.
Amanda Lee Ewertowski