Bread Gnocchi with Stir-Fried Vegetables in a Coconut Milk Truffle Sauce (Vegan Dish)
This recipe represents the alchemy that is created when the flavors of different cultures are fused together to create something exhilarating and new. Bread gnocchi exemplify the resourcefulness of Italian cuisine using day-old bread to create a deliciously satisfying dish. The rest of the preparation borrows heavily from Asian cuisine and culinary technique to fuse bright and creamy flavors into the final dish. As a final finishing touch, Truffle Zest® is added to bring a delightfully earthy element and bring harmony to each bite.
12oz Bread Gnocchi (Potato Gnocchi can be substituted)
1 medium-large carrot, peeled and julienned
1 medium zucchini, julienned
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup coconut milk
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 tbsp Truffle Zest® truffle seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add gnocchi and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large wok over high heat. Once hot, add sesame oil to coat the wok and immediately add the julienned carrots and zucchini, stirring and tossing to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the wok with soy sauce, stirring vegetables gently to season, and coat in the sauce. Allow soy sauce to evaporate slightly, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk to the wok along with lime zest and a pinch of salt to season. Toss with vegetables and allow coconut milk to reduce for 30 seconds.
- Remove or drain gnocchi from water once cooked and add directly to the wok with vegetables and sauce.
- Taste 1 gnocchi to check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon gnocchi with vegetables and sauce into deep bowls and finish with a generous dusting of Truffle Zest®. Serve and enjoy.