BUTTER LETTUCE SERVED WITH GRILLED AVOCADOS AND TRUFFLE VINAIGRETTE
4 ripe avocados, cut in half with pit removed keeping skins on
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
24 ounces butter lettuce
1 hot house cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 pint grape tomatoes
¼ cup Sabatino Tartufi White Truffle Olive Oi
l½ cup olive oil
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
3 lemons, cut in half
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 small shallot, peeled and minced1 small clove of garlic, peeled and minced salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat grill to medium and pre-heat oven to 350°F degrees.
2. Lightly coat prepared avocados with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper, place cut side down on pre-heated grill and grill for 3-4 minutes or until grill marks form. Remove and hold for later.
3. Toss grape tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a foil lined cookie sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, hold for later.
4. Season cut lemons with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper and grill cut side down until golden brown, chill and squeeze out juice.
5. In a blender or food processor combine all of the dressing ingredients and process until smooth; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
6. Using a paring knife, carefully cross cut grilled avocado and with a large spoon, scoop out diced avocado.
7. In a large bowl, add the lettuce, sliced cucumbers, and roasted tomatoes and slowly pour in prepared dressing, tossing to coat. Garnish with diced grilled avocados.