Cauliflower steaks are some of our favorite low-carb, keto-friendly, paleo-friendly, and more importantly, truffle-friendly dishes. This recipe is a bit inspired by our friends in the Southern hemisphere, the Argentineans. Long known for their pairing of chimichurri with steak, we decided this was the perfect way to include one of our newest products, the White Truffle infused Avocado Oil. The recipe that follows can easily be scaled up for a crowd or converted into an appetizer by separating the cauliflower into individual florets for serving. The cauliflower preparation is fairly minimalistic in order to let the brightness of the chimichurri sauce to shine in the dish.
1 head of white cauliflower
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
3 tbsp Sabatino Tartufi White Truffle infused Avocado Oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry head of cauliflower thoroughly, then cut ¾” thick slices from the center portion of the head to create steaks. (Keep the stalk in tact as it will help keep the cauliflower steak held together and is equally as delicious as the florets when roasted). Reserve outer portions of the cauliflower head for a different purpose.
- On a sheet tray, drizzle olive oil over cauliflower steaks to lightly coat then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in oven and roast for 15 minutes per side (25-30 minutes total).
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining minced shallot, garlic, parsley, and oregano in a medium bowl. Drizzle in Sabatino’s White Truffle infused Avocado Oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Add crushed red pepper, if using, to taste. Stir or whisk together to fully incorporate and allow to sit for 30 minutes while cauliflower steaks roast.
- Once cauliflower steaks are roasted, place each steak on a serving plate and add drizzle a generous spoonful of chimichurri sauce over the top of each cauliflower steak before serving.
Note: These cauliflower steaks are equally as delicious on the grill. Heat a grill to temperature and grill cauliflower steaks over medium heat being careful not to turn too many times. Allow the steaks to grill for about 4-5 minutes on the first side before flipping and grilling for an additional 3-5 minutes on the second side.