CRISPY SHOESTRING FRIES WITH TRUFFLE FONDUTA
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
2 large Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into shoestring fries
2 cups cold water
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
Vegetable oil for frying
2 teaspoons Sabatino Seasoning Tartufi Truffle Zest
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
12 cornichon pickles
2 teaspoons fresh chopped chives
For the Truffle Fonduta
10 ounces Italian Fontina cheese, cut in cubes
¼ cup milk
¼ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter, cut in cubes
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons Sabatino Seasoning Tartufi Truffle and Cheese Zest
Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Pour the cold water and salt into a bowl and stir. Add the fries and soak for one hour to remove the starch. Rinse the potatoes and place on a kitchen towel. Place another kitchen towel over the potatoes and press to dry.
2. In a saucepan combine the Fontina, milk and cream and cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese melts, 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the butter and egg yolks and cook until creamy. Stir in the Sabatino Seasoning Tartufi Truffle and Cheese Zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep the Fonduta warm.
3. Pour the oil into a deep-fryer. The oil should be 4” deep. Heat the oil to 365. Add some of the fries and par-fry 3 minutes just until they start to turn golden. Drain the fries on a rack while you par-fry the rest of the fries.
4. Bring the oil back to 365 and fry the potatoes a second time until crispy and golden, 3-4 minutes.
5. Place the fries on a serving platter and season with the Sabatino Seasoning Tartufi Truffle Zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon the warm truffle fonduta over the fries. Pour the rest of the warm fonduta into a dipping bowl. Sprinkle the oregano and chives over the fries and serve cornichons on the side.