NAPOLEON OF WHITE PEACH AND MOZZARELLA DI BUFALA WITH SABATINO TARTUFI TRUFFLE ZEST® FRICO
4 small (almost ripe) white donut peaches
2 (3 1/2-inch) balls Mozzarella di Bufala (or fresh mozzarella)
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 oz Parmigiano Reggiano ( or parmesan), grated
Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest® seasoning
Freshly-ground black pepperSea salt
2 tablespoons honey (Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Honey, Italian chestnut honey, or local honey mixed with 1/4 teaspoon Truffle Zest)
1/2 teaspoon champagne vinegar
1/4 cup shelled, salted, pistachios, chopped
Baby red lettuce
1. Heat oven to 375 F. And line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Peel peaches; slice horizontally into equal halves and carefully remove pit.
3. Slice each mozzarella ball horizontally into 4 even slices.
4. Heat cast-iron grill pan over Medium heat, then brush with oil. Place peach halves in pan, cut-side down, until grill marks are apparent when lifted, 3-5 minutes. Remove to plate.
5. Combine grated parmigiano with 1/4 tsp truffle zest and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Form into four equal mounds (1 tablespoon each). Bake until the cheese ‘frico’ is crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate with spatula.
6. On each of four serving plates assemble napoleons as follows: one peach slice, grilled-side up, followed by one slice mozzarella (trimmed to size if necessary), a pinch of Truffle Zest, a pinch of salt, and a grind of black pepper. Repeat with a second peach slice, second mozzarella slice, zest, salt and pepper.
7. Mix honey with vinegar, and drizzle lightly over each napoleon.
8. With a small knife make a slit in the top of each napoleon and insert a frico in each.
9. Top each napoleon with chopped pistachios, and garnish each plate with baby lettuce.