RISOTTO WITH BLACK TRUFFLES
3 tbps olive oil
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups Arborio rice
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock, heated
1 cup white wine
1 tbsp saffron
White pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
¼ stick sweet butter
½ cup freshly chopped Italian parsley
½ cup mascarpone cheese
Fresh Sabatino’s Black Winter Truffle, shaved or Black Summer Truffle depending on the season
1. Heat stock and saffron together.
2. Heat olive oil in a heavy bottom pot; add diced onions, rice and minced garlic sauté slowly for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add in white wine, stirring until all of the wine is absorbed, add in ½ cup of stock and saffron, stir until all of the stock is absorbed, and continue adding ½ cup of stock at a time until rice is tender.
4. Add in mascarpone cheese and butter; adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped parsley.
5. Shave fresh Sabatino’s Black Truffle on top.
- Courtesy of Sabatino Tartufi's Culinary Team