For the Steaks:
2, 6 oz sirloin steaks
salt and pepper, to season
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Arugula Salad with Lemon Oil:
Please refer to our arugula salad with lemon oil recipe.
For the Truffle Hollandaise:
3 egg yolks
1 stick unsalted butter
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teasoon salt
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Black Truffle Oil
For the Mashed Potatoes
2 teaspoons salt
2 large Yukon gold potatoes
½ cup milk or cream
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or try it with our truffle butter!)
- Pat the steaks dry. Season with salt and pepper, on both sides. Set aside; bring to room temperature.
- Pour cold water into a small pot of water, add salt and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 12 minutes; drain.
- Simultaneously, prepare the arugula salad, set in fridge to keep cold.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet on high heat. When the oil is sizzling, sear steaks on each side for 3 minutes, undisturbed. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness. Transfer to plate and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Truffle Hollandaise Sauce: melt the butter in a small saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat once melted. In a blender, combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper, and truffle oil. Blend together until well incorporated. While the blender is running on low, remove the lid, and very, very slowly stream in the butter. Taste, and add more lemon juice or truffle oil if desired. Set aside.
- Plate your dish: Spoon a little hollandaise sauce onto the side of the plate. Using the back of the spoon, spread the sauce across the plate. Scoop mashed potato, and plate next to the sauce; slightly rest the steak on top. Add a handful of the side salad.