½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons plus ¼ teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Sea Salt, divided
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1 ½ pounds ground beef (80/20)
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 jar Sabatino Tartufi Whole Black Summer Truffles, thinly sliced
4 brioche buns
1 tablespoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Butter, for brushing
½ head bibb lettuce, leaves torn
1 large tomato, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
1. Make the truffle mayonnaise: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ¼ teaspoon truffle salt, and chives; set aside. Separately, slice the whole truffles into thin pieces.
2. Form the beef into 4 patties, about 4 inches wide and 3/4 -1-inch thick. Liberally season each patty, front and back, with ½ teaspoon truffle salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
3. In a dry cast iron pan, over high heat, add your burger patties. Cook for about 5 minutes, until a deep brown crust appears, then flip over. Cook for an additional 5 minutes more for medium, and flip burgers once more to add the cheese to the top of each. Generously add sliced pieces of truffle on top of the cheese. Immediately cover the pan to melt the cheese for 1 minute. Remove patties from pan and transfer to a plate.
4. Brush the cut sides of the buns with butter; toast in pan for about 30-45 seconds. Remove from heat and prepare to assemble your burger.
5. Spread a generous layer of truffle mayonnaise on the bottom bun and a light layer on the top bun. Add lettuce, tomato, burger, and cover with top bun.