TRUFFLE HONEY CORN MUFFINS
SERVES: About 12 muffins
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
⅓ cup white (granulated) or light brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Honey
1 large egg
1 cup milk, preferably whole or 2%4 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F / 204 degrees C.
2. Prepare a muffin pan with nonstick spray or lightly coat with 1 tbsp of canola oil. Alternatively, line muffin pan with muffin liners and lightly coat with nonstick spray.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, melted butter and truffle honey.
5. Pour wet ingredients into large bowl with dry ingredients and stir gently to combine. Do not over mix, as this will lead to a tougher texture.
6. Pour or spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling about ⅔ of the way full.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. To test doneness, insert a toothpick or knife into a muffin. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
8. Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
9. Serve with extra Truffle Honey on the side.