TRUFFLE MAC AND CHEESE
1.5lb dried rigatoni (we like Deccico)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
1 ounce Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Oil
10 ounces shredded mozzarella, divided
4 ounces grated Parmesan
4 ounces Gorgonzola
4 ounces ricotta
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest®, to garnish
1. Preheat oven 400˚F.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and boil the pasta for about 7 minutes, or until al dente. Strain and set aside.
3. In a large sauce pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter and whisk in flour to make a roux.
4. Slowly pour in the cream and truffle oil, whisking while pouring. Stir in 5 ounces of mozzarella and all of the other cheeses, making sure to reserve 5 ounces of mozzarella for later. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything.
5. Once the ingredients have created a sauce, toss to coat in the pasta.
6. Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle evenly the remaining mozzarella cheese on top, and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, and sprinkle some Truffle Zest® on top, to taste.