1.5lb dried rigatoni (we like Deccico)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 cups heavy cream
1 ounce Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Oil
10 ounces shredded mozzarella, divided
4 ounces grated Parmesan
4 ounces Gorgonzola
4 ounces ricotta
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Salt
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest®t, to garnish
- Preheat oven 400˚F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and boil the pasta for about 7 minutes, or until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter and whisk in flour to make a roux.
- Slowly pour in the cream and truffle oil, whisking while pouring. Stir in 5 ounces of mozzarella and all of the other cheeses, making sure to reserve 5 ounces of mozzarella for later. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine everything.
- Once the ingredients have created a sauce, toss to coat in the pasta.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle evenly the remaining mozzarella cheese on top, and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle some Truffle Zest® on top, to taste.