1 Quart chicken broth
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ small white onion, finely chopped
1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi White Truffle Oil
Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh White Truffles, optional
1. Heat the broth to a simmer in a stockpot over medium-low heat. Once simmering, reduce heat to low.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 3 minutes until translucent.
3. Add the rice, and stir to coat the grains with the butter-onion mixture. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the rice toasts slightly.
4. Pour the wine into the rice mixture, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed, about 4 minutes.
5. Ladle 1 cup of hot broth into the rice, and stir constantly until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue adding 1 ladle of broth at a time. This process should take about 25 minutes.The rice should start to develop a creamy consistency. Grains should be tender, but firm to the bite.
6. Turn off heat, stir in remaining butter, truffle oil, truffle salt, and pepper.
7. Spoon the rice onto plates or into bowls, top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Bonus: Shave fresh truffles on top to further enhance this dish. We shaved 5 grams, but you can shave as little as 3 grams to make an impact!