TRUFFLE ZEST ® BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
10 ounces All-Purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Zest® Seasoning
4 ounces (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, plus 1oz unsalted butter for brushing biscuit tops
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit / 215 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Truffle Zest® and pulse twice to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
3. Add cubes of butter to food processor and pulse until butter is evenly incorporated into the flour mixture (about 30-45 seconds).
4. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and sour cream and stir to combine.
5. Add dry ingredients from food processor to bowl containing wet ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to combine until the mixture just comes together.
6. Dust your work surface with some flour and roll out dough onto your prepared work surface and knead 5-10 times until dough is a smooth ball.
7. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough out into a slightly rounded rectangle about ¼” thick, then fold the ends in to create a square with 3 layers. Repeat this process two more times.
8. Roll out the dough in an oval or rectangular shape one more time to a thickness of about ½”, then using a floured cookie cutter or biscuit cutter cut your biscuits out of the dough and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
9. Once you have cut as many biscuits out of the dough as you can, knead the scraps together gently, then repeat steps 7 and 8 until you have used up most of the dough.
10. Once biscuits are cut, brush tops with melted 1oz of butter.
11. Place the biscuits in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestions: Butter, Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Honey, Sabatino Tartufi Truffle Butter, fruit preserves, cheese, or as the base of a breakfast sandwich.