TRUFFLE ZUCCHINI RIBBON SALAD
Recipe and Image by: @glitterandchopsticks
3 green zucchinis
Garlic Truffle Soy Sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. truffle oil @sabatinotruffles
2 tsp sugar or alternative sweetener
2 fresh chiles, smashed or diced (optional)
Microgreens (Amaranth, Cabbage, Pea Shoots, Arugula, etc.)
1. In large bowl, create an ice bath to keep vegetables crisp and cold.
2. Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline slicer, create ribbons of zucchini by slicing zucchini carefully lengthwise into long strips. Place strips into ice bath to keep crisp.
3. While zucchini ribbons soak in the ice bath, create the dressing by whisking together garlic, soy sauce, truffle oil, sugar, and chiles.
4. Add zucchini ribbons in a salad spinner and spin to dry off, then add to a large bowl.
5. Dress zucchini ribbons with Ginger Truffle Soy dressing, tossing gently and divide among serving dishes.
6.Top with your favorite toppings. Some suggestions include pine nuts, nori, microgreens such as amaranth, micro cabbage, pea shoots, micro arugula, and pink peppercorns for spice and color.