ZUCCHINI AND GOAT CHEESE QUICHE WITH A TRUFFLE CRUST
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup butter
2 teaspoons Truffle Zest® seasoning
1 medium sized zucchini
4 ounces goat cheese
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a food processor add the flour, cubed cold butter and truffle zest together. Blend until all of the ingredients just come together.
2. Remove the dough from the food processor and form it into a ball.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.
4. While you are waiting for the truffle crust to set up in the fridge, grate the zucchini.Add the grated zucchini to a cheesecloth lined colander and sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon of salt over top.Set this aside to pull the moisture out from the zucchini.
5. When the dough is set pull it out from the fridge and transfer the ball to a lightly floured work surface. Evenly roll out the truffle pie crust to fully line a 9 inch pie tin. Set the tin aside and get to work on the mixture.
6. Start by squeezing out the extra water from the zucchini. Add the zucchini to a bowl along with the milk, eggs, and the rest of the seasonings. Gently mix it all together and pour it into your truffle pie crust.
7. Pop this into an oven preheated to 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
You can enjoy the quiche hot fresh out of the oven or cold the next morning!